Frequently Asked Questions
Why Choose Cellulose Over Fiberglass?
– Cellulose insulation manufactured from paper is the least polluting and most energy efficient.
– Cellulose has the highest post-consumer recycled content. The fiberglass industry averages 35% recycled glass, while the cellulose industry averages a minimum of 75% recycled content.
– It takes more than ten times more energy to produce fiberglass insulation as cellulose insulation.
– Due to air circulation and natural convection, the R-Value of blown in fiberglass insulation decreases by as much as 50% as the temperature drops from 7 degrees Celsius to -8 degrees Celsius.
– In contrast to fiberglass, cellulose has a better resistance to air flow and prevents upward movement of air cause by temperature differences. The R-Value of cellulose actually improves during cold weather. Heat flow problems associated with fiberglass make cellulose an attractive alternative.
– Substantial and well-documented public health threats are associated with fiberglass. Fiberglass insulation is required to carry a cancer warning label in compliance with OSHA’s Hazard Communication Standard.
– No adverse health effects from cellulose have been identified.
What Is WALLBAR Insulation?
WallBAR is specifically made for wall application and is manufactured to the same demanding criteria as Weathershield Loose-fill. It is manufactured from 100% recycled wood fibre, and contains a dry adhesive component which ultimately forms a cohesive blanket in the wall cavity. It is fire resistant and safe to use.
Application is done by injecting insulation into cavities. The operator is thus able to form a customized mat of material which conforms to any shape of cavity or obstruction.
Because the material is injected into position, it forms a seamless, void free fit. It conforms to all obstructions and irregularly shaped cavities. Second, air movement through WallBAR is less than that through glass batt because the fibrous mass of WallBAR is considerably more dense. The physical difference between the two types which gives WallBAR superior R-Value and resistance to air movement.