Cellulose VS Fibreglass
- Cellulose insulation thermally and acoustically outperforms fibreglass and spray-foam products.
- It doesn’t break down over time; fiberglass has been shown to gradually lose its structure.
- It maintains a higher value of insulating quality (R-value) than the same volume of any other insulation.
- What you spend on it, you’ll make back in reduced heating bills (up to a 50% difference!).
- Due to being blown into place, it fills in the irregular cavities of your home and prevents air infiltration and convection.
- Its relative density makes it better than all other insulators at soundproofing a home from outdoor noise.
- The Weathershield formula is proven to resist and contain the growth of mould and mildew.
- The formula also helps our product repel mice and other vermin.
- Properly applied, it prevents ice damming.
- Its fire-resistant properties mean that a building will burn slower than the competitive fiberglass or foam insulation.
- It meets all local and federal Canadian building code requirements.
WALLBAR INSULATION Warm in Winter – Cool in Summer!
The sister product to Weathershield, WallBAR is a formed-in-place fibrous insulation system for use in exterior walls, interior and party wall applications, and sloped ceilings. It is highly vermin-resistant, contains very few volatile organic compounds (VOC), and is among the greenest and most effective insulation products in the world.
- WallBAR boasts almost identical qualities to Weathershield, but with wall application strictly in mind.
- Highly effective at muting outdoor sound or sound from other rooms (exact ratings available on request).
- Will save as much as 50% in heating bills, allowing savings to quickly overtake the cost.
- Non-toxic and family safe, making it worry-free for homes and businesses.
- Properly applied, will fill in any wall cavity seamlessly with no air leakage.
- Manufactured with harmless fire retardant chemicals.
Hibar is a ULC listed, fire retardant, spray applied, semi-cementitious mineral fibre insulation designed for fire rating structural steel. HiBARTM also has strong thermal and acoustical properties. It can be spray applied over rigid structural substrates and exterior or partition walls. It provides acoustical treatment for ceilings and walls in noisy production areas or large rooms, such as gymnasiums or swimming pools, where both sound absorption and aesthetic enhancement is desired. Condensation control is another feature of this wonderful product.
K-13 AND FC ACOUSTICAL SPRAY ON INSULATION
For areas such as indoor pools and ice arenas, K-13 aids in condensation control. The proper combination of K-13 and ventilation prevents condensation on metal, concrete and other surfaces. K-13 actually reduces ventilation requirements, saving in both the ventilation equipment investment and operating cost.
The resilient fibers of K-13 absorb sound energy instead of reflecting it, reducing reverberation time and making speech and music more intelligible. Excessive noise is reduced with the application of K-13 while greatly improving ambient sound quality in a wide variety of building projects including auditoriums, sports facilities, detention facilities, television and sound studios, convention centers and parking garages.
Why is it raining in my attic?
Attic rain is a very common problem in Alberta due to fluctuating weather conditions. Moisture collects and freezes during cold temperatures, then thaws again when the weather warms up. Heat and moisture being trapped in the home are the primary culprit in attic rain.
Why remove old insulation?
Insulation removal can be an important step in improving your insulation. We may need to remove ineffective insulation, or take out insulation which is damaged by smoke, water, pests, or when major renovations are taking place.